Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have done some searches and haven't seen too much info or replies on Lanber shotguns and Verona Shotguns. I am interested in the Lanber 2087 and the Verona LX501. I am recently getting back into hunting and don't want to spend $1,000-$1,500 in case I don't get out as much as I anticipate. On the other hand, I don't want to waste my money. I have tried to research some lower end O/U's like Stoeger, Fausti, Tri Star, Baikal, Huglu etc. From what I have read, the Verona and Lanber and Verona have had the best remarks. Would anyone like to comment? Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lonewolf59,Thanks for the info. Do you own one? Could you tell me a little more. I haven't seen one yet but I have heard some good things. I am kinda leaning towards the Lanber 2087. Does the Verona have the barrel selector on the safety? Choke tubes available? Experience with the gun? Thanks I appreciate your response.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shawn I was a gunsmith for 30 years and can tell you that the Verona is a great gun. My son-in-law bought the one that Dicks Sporting Goods has. I think it is made just for them as it has Laquer wood, nice silver receiver with game sean ingraving, choke tubes and barrel selector in the safty. I own many guns and bought a Lanber just because it fit me so well and I just wanted to try one. i got the 2097. It to is a great gun. I put over 3000 rds through it last year. Fot the average guy I would get the Verona only because you can get parts for it and get it fixed if need be much easier then the Lanber and there are lots of Co. that make after market choke tubes for them. Hope this helps. Dave F.;) ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I stopped at Dick's today and they didn't have any Verona's in stock although the guy said they should be getting some. He did have a 20 gauge there and pulled it out of the box to let me look at it. It was very nice and it did have the laquered wood. Yep, $599 and sometimes on sale for less. The only thing about the Lanber is it is $100 less but I do have a concern about who could fix it if I had problems. Thanks again guys it is really great to be able to exchange info and experience on this forum. If you think of anything else please feel free to share.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I actually spoke via e-mail to Cress Lorenzo today from BC Outdoors and he answered a number of questions for me. Cress was extremely helpful and got back to me in a timely manner. I was very impressed. My local Gander Mountain told me there was a lifetime warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.