Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Large ***** shotguns
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if anybody has heard of a 4 ***** shotgun, I don't remember where, but it was there and I read about it, does anybody know where to get one of these, or even better, does anybody still make them or make barrels and parts for them(Ya right!!).
Thanks folks.
Dan

MarlandS
(3/22/02 10:09:38 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh yeah the 4 ga. is a real shotgun here are a few links hat back it up (some will no longer open) talk.shooters.com/room_49/1922.cfm

www.novia.net/~desslok/al..._stats.htm

Here is an excerpt from this atricle:www.geocities.com/command...tguns.html
The tunnel rats also put shotguns to good use. Sgt. Flo Riviera was able to get a 4-gauge riot shotgun approved; "real handy that four-gauge, the noise blew your eardrums out but if there was anything at all infront of you, you hit it." With testimony like that it's easy to see why the Tunnel Rats grudgingly nicknamed their shotguns "Cannons"

There was a pic floating around the 'net last year of a one ***** shoulder fired shotgun, I believe it was either custom built or is in limited commercial production now.

Rebel13dc
Unregistered User
(3/22/02 12:27:15 pm)

Thanks MarlandS, I bet those fellas had tough shoulders after the war, a 10 ***** is bad enough, and damn, a one *****, I don't know if even I'd be brave enough to shoot that one.

Thanks
Dan

MarlandS
Frequent Visitor
(3/22/02 3:47:31 pm)
The pic I saw of it was at night and it would best be described as a flame fountain. It appeared the guy firing it got th snot knocked out of him..

OA Tanthalas
Shotgun Expert
(7/14/02 8:07:30 am)
other notables are the John Dickson SxSxS lol, the 4 barrel 20 gauge lancaster, and the D. Geyger & Co. four barreled shotgun-rifle two 20 gauge, one 22 hornet and one 7mm rimmed, which suprises me that the popularity of something like that these days isn't what it was back then, how many people would buy a 4 barrel .410 or 28 gauge, if it was reasonably priced? or rip your shoulder meat out with a lancaster re-introduction?

Edited by: OA Tanthalas at: 7/14/02 7:15:52 am
TheLibertarian
Frequent Visitor
(7/18/02 4:17:07 pm)
Whoa... Can one still buy 4ga guns anywhere? Where on gods earth do you find shells for those suckers?

pezman1963
Frequent SW Visitor
(9/26/02 8:28:26 pm)
Shotguns larger than 10 gauge are regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934. They require a tax stamp to purchase like machine guns. They are as large as 0 gauge.
Bigger ones tent to have ground mounts.

cD Tanthalas
Shotgun Expert
(9/26/02 9:26:45 pm)

Re: others
i bet you dove huntin' boys would just love to get your paws on one of those lol hehe

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.