Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
OO Buck is .34" = 9 in a 12ga 2 3/4" & 15 in a 3"

OOO Buck is .36"

Shooting large buck shot in a full choked belgium barrel probably will not give you very good results due to shot deformation.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i usualy hunt turkey with oo buck or bb size shot was wondering if it was safe to use . BTW my new a5 s#2244xx is diferent than s# on barell 2259xx its a european a5 wasnt imported by browning was wondering if this barell is original

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am new to turkey hunting and thought i could get longer shots with 00 buck [around 50 yds] killed two last spring approx 30 & 50 yds each i figure 1.30 cal pellet is all it takes to drop a turkey. I like 71/2 shot for quail . game is ushally taken at longer distance here in southern N.M that is why i like full choke what is your favorite size shot for various game. fall turkey starts on the 13th & dove started on the 1st

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
will get some #4 and try this weakend .should get greater density than the bb & buck .one bird my friend shot with bb just had 3 holes in neck and head area and got fiesty on the ride home in the jeep. the two i took had 1 & 2 body wounds respectivly although i did finish them off phisicaly

·
Registered
10,501 Posts
16Penny,

Is the serial number on your FN A5 2244XX with no letters before it? If so, the original barrel would have been serial numbered as the gun.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i still havent been able to edit my digital photos to fit on here but the federal value packs work great in it also remington game loads in 1/8 oz work i am having a blast with this thing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.