Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And we both limited out in less than 30 minutes. After hunting about 9 days of the 2 week season the birds finally made a push into our area. Thats teal for you, hunt the season hoping for one good day. Had a few buzz the dekes before shooting time and then 2 good groups (or bands for you LA folks) of about 20-30 came plenty close enough for 4 to fall out of each flock. Them little dudes have a date with the grill tonight!

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/album_pic.php?pic_id=82

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where are you hunting? I am in San Diego and am picking up my new gun today. My budy in LA doesn't know where he can hunt. Any advice is apprecieated. When's the next duck season open?

·
Premium Member
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing since you are in CA that you mean L.A. as in Los Angeles? I am hunting in north AL....Alabama, the LA reference refers to LA...Louisiana where I hunted the previous weekend. My next season for watefowl will be another early goose season that opens in Oct, the next duck season that I will hunt is Nov 8 in LA.

I don't think the Western zone has an early teal season, but you have a shot at more birds and a longer season than the other flyways. I would check with the local game and fish folks to find the public areas to hunt. There are lots of rice and grain areas and I've heard that the bays have good numbers of divers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts