Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please take the time to check the NSCA web site under clubs and make sure the clubs you shoot at are sending in the results. Remember you won't get your punches or target counts until they do. It appears that some states have a real problem with their clubs reporting. We paid the fee's so call them and find out why they can't do their job!! You will be surprised and now many there are.

·
Banned
13,904 Posts
About 10 yrs ago , here in La, our state shoot got nullified due to the club not paying the shoot fees.

Yeah. Some clubs are shameless.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Looking at that report gives me a new found appreciation for nearby clubs such as Back Woods Quail Club and Hermitage Farm. I've gotten payout checks in the mail before I've been able to find the time to get all of my shooting gear out of the truck!

Demi

·
Premium Member
11,275 Posts
Totally uncalled for !!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
418 Posts
At what point does this become theft or misappropriation of funds let alone the train wreck of shooting in the wrong class and potentially affecting others for punches and/or cash? This is nasty!

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
It is the shooters job to keep track of punches. This has become much easier with the electronic scorekeeping programs on the net. However, no excuse for not reporting results and paying the target tax. Sounds like the NSCA may not be enforcing the rules again with these clubs. If these clubs are in states with a state association I wonder if they paid the state fees?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Is a punch a PUNCH if it is not paid for and recognized by the NSCA? A shooter counts the punch in good faith but if the club does not send in the money at some point does the situation occur that the shoot officially never happened? Has anyone experienced this or does the NSCA suck up the loss so as not to penalize the shooter?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Don't patronize the clubs on the list. That simple. The NSCA/State Assoc. should be dealing with this, not the shooters.

·
Banned
13,904 Posts
When a shoot is nullified , no one gets anything incl "punches."

I wrote to NSCA asking them to not punish the shooters who shot in good faith and paid their money to shoot.

NSCA said "no."

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
then it's time to turn the heat up on the local clubs, you paid for a good/service and did your part. If you paid with a debit card or a check, might be time to issue a good old stop payment. And or dispute the charge

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
There are many reasons that scores don't get posted. Sometimes the clubs have clerical issues or problems with payment not being processed. Sometimes shoots are cancelled and still show up as unreported. My purpose of this thread was to take the time to check and make sure that you have all of your targets reported to NSCA. If a club is negligent then give them a call and find out what happened. It may be an issue that they are not even aware of and could quickly fix. Its the end of the shoot year and if you care about your target counts and punches then check otherwise Have a Merry Christmas. Jim Waterman

1 - 15 of 15 Posts