Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was handed down to me by a relative. It probably hasn't been shot in 25+ years. In fact, I can't see any signs that it has ever been shot (which is possible, my aunt wasn't into firearms) It is in really nice condition.

This is a Laurona-EIBAR model 153 double-barreled 20ga shotgun. It has a 28" set of barrels, a nice wood forend and stock. It's in excellent or better condition. There are a few scratches in the stock but nothing major.

The model indication reads exactly: MOD 153.512360 20 GAUGE 2 3/4"

I've seen anything from $450 up to over $1000, but I have no idea what it is really worth.

Here are some photos. I have many more and high resolution photos HERE

·
Registered
1 Posts
wow, i just bought the same gun and have had a hard time finding any other owners, i paid close to 500$ and mine is in the same (95%) shape, have only shot it twice so far, but really like it, only some clays and patterns so far, but pheasants in WA. in a few weeks. From what i gather, its about a fair price, its a well made gun and for the price of 20ga. esp. the sxs, its a good deal.

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
This is a Laurona that was made to sell at a price point at Sears & Roebuck. Laurona (transulates to "the four") was formed in Eibar,Spain in 1941 by four Basque gunsmiths. At one time they were imported by Galaxy Imports in Victoria,TX.

After the mid 90's laurona focused on O/U guns.

Your gun was made to fill a price niche and sold for about $125 back in the 70's & early 80"s at local sears stores. Your gun looks to be in good condition and I'd spend at least $500 for a 20ga in that condition with DTs and EJs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts