Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Laurona S/S 12 ***** (choked full and modified)shotgun in near new consition. It is not listed in the "Blue Book." The gun is stamped "Sears & Roebuck, Chicago." It was made in the mid to late 1950'sl It is a model 153.

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding the value this shotgun? :?:

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
The closest I could come was a 15E..

I checked several auction sites and classified sites and itwould appear that most Laurona SxS shotguns fall into the $250 - $350 price range depending on condition.

Sorry I couldn't be more definitive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just purchased a model 153 side by side with double trigger in 12 gauge with IC and M 28" barrels. It has made in Spain and Sears and Roebuck on one of the barrels. I paid $500 and it has never been shot and is in perfect condition. Have you found out any more about it?

G

·
mfitt said:
I just purchased a model 153 side by side with double trigger in 12 gauge with IC and M 28" barrels. It has made in Spain and Sears and Roebuck on one of the barrels. I paid $500 and it has never been shot and is in perfect condition. Have you found out any more about it?
I also just purchased a Laurona 12 *****, Model 153, marked sears and roebuck. Looks like it was never fired, perfect condition. Never heard of the gun, but nice and light, handles well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Laurona are highly respected.

They are not considered to be very spanish looking (stylewise-engineering wise) but their quality is amongst the best in spain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the information. Glad to hear it is a quality gun. Mine has beautiful case color but very little scroll work.

I had a chance to bring it to the skeet range here in NJ and it shot very nice. I think I will take the plastic butt plate off and add a limbsaver type to reduce the felt recoil and increase the length of pull.

G

·
:) I bought a 20ga. laurona also sold by J.C.Higgins last year for $350.00. Its a light 20 and a pleasure to shoot. It has a very light colored high gloss stock. The receiver is also case hardened. Let me know if you want to sell yours.

Norm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the offer. I think I will keep it. Let's face it, how many times do you have a chance to get a brand new 40+ yr old shotgun that is a pleasure to shoot. I guess you sure like your's :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.