Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
S Jones: You should have your doctor write this down for you in plain layman's terminology. You could certainly have mono vision, but not under the circumstances you are describing.

There is a logic in dealing with mono vision that you may have not considered. If you have true mono vision in your left eye, then for all practical purposes your right eye could be shut.

Once you understand this basic fact, you, also, understand that if you shut your left eye your right eye has mono vision so if you wanted to stay mounted on your right side you could patch the left eye, and just shoot with the right eye open. What difference does it make? You can only see mono.

HOWEVER, I don't think you will have any problem switching to the left side, even at 60. Put your shotgun inside a door to a room that you frequent during the day, and mount the gun from low-gun position ten times everytime you walk into the room, and after a month you will become comfortable with the gun on the left side in either the mounted or low-gun position.

I like these eye stories, and this is certainly interesting. Hope you post a follow-up as to how you do on the left side.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
One thing you will find with tunnel vision is that the left eye is REALLY dominant. I would suggest you shoot about 75 rounds of skeet with a mounted gun on the left side.

I think you will be surprised, and the reasons will surprise you.

Remington

1 - 2 of 2 Posts