Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The LH fellows in the Spanish SG forum got talking about switching the double triggers on a (spanish) DT SxS so that the left barrel shot first. The thought was to convert a mod (right) and full (left) barrel sequence to IC (left) and mod (right) barrel setup after switching the triggers and having the LH choke modified. End result was to have a somewhat more LH'ed gun that fired the LH barrel 1st.

See the thread at: viewtopic.php?f=126&t=193312&p=1592581#p1592581

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a Stevens 311 on layaway that I am looking at doing this exact modification to. Anyone know if the triggers can be reversed on the 311?

I asked this in the gunsmithing section, but thought some of you other southpaws might know something about the 311.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Trigger profile may actually have the face contact optimized for the right hand trigger finger curvature, so a left-hand grab feels an edge rather than a curved face of the trigger.

That could be altered, but then will the mechanism also work with the sear bars being contacted by a part not originally meant for that specific fitting arrangement.

Gunsmith inspection would improve the odds of an answer.
I'll see what I can deduce.

Kirby
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.