Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a friend here at work that was wanting to find some info on this gun (any websites?).
He use to have one, but it got stolen awhile back.

Not even sure if that's the name of the gun. He says that was what was on it.

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
20 gauge magnum.

s/s barrels.

After looking around on here.... I think that the "IG" in "LIG" stands for the manufacturer Gregorio Zabala. (note sure)

Is the "L" in "LIG" for the year or model? (maybe Lamber?)

And, I've come up with that it was made in Eibar, Spain.

(any websites with this gun would be appreciated)

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I think you are on the right track, but without having more detail to search with , you might have a long hard search..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The letters LIG mean La Industrial Guipuzcoana, and was a company founded in Eibar Spain some years ago by a group of small gunsmithers to face the industrial crisis,That´s all I can tell you. Hope it´s useful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just bought an L.I.G. Elgoibar 10 gauge double. It's solid, and a pleasure to shoot even with Federal 3 1/2" slugs. I had the barrels cut to 24", as it will be used as a defensive double in grizzly country. Would love to find out where I can contact the company.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Go to www.spanishguns.com . They have the most complete list of both Spanish proof and manufactures markings I have found. If you can't identify the gun from those lists, write an e-mail to the contact us section. Takes a few weeks, but they'll get back to you with the best imformation available.

'Lonzo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anonymous said:
Just bought an L.I.G. Elgoibar 10 gauge double. It's solid, and a pleasure to shoot even with Federal 3 1/2" slugs. I had the barrels cut to 24", as it will be used as a defensive double in grizzly country. Would love to find out where I can contact the company.
To the person who recently bought the Elgoibar 10 gauge, please e-mail me at; [email protected] Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts