Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have 11,045 rounds through my Ljutic. I've had no trouble with it at all. In fact, I don't even take a back up gun with me. It's like the Energizer bunny, just keeps going and going.

I spend a lot of time here helping people solve problems with their guns. Light/heavy trigger pulls, FTFs, Ejectors and so on. Brownings, Berettas, Perazzis, even a couple of Krieghoffs are all brands I've heard breaking down. But, the Ljutic owners are silent. Why? Because they just don't break. Just as a test I went more than 1,000 rounds without cleaning it. Yep, just kept going.

I may have to buy another gun just so I have something to fiddle with.

I wish more manufacturers made boring guns like this. :wink:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
This very topic came up at the range today and it had the same conclusion.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Rasty....its called trap Karma. You know...when you start talking about a shooter your watching smoke targets. First thing that happens is that very shooter looses a target.

I believe that same karma relates to trap guns. :wink: Boda bing boda boom.

Maltz

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ljutics are an acquired taste. You see your first one and shrug it off, perhaps thinking it is some exotic European odd-ball. But somehow, it remains in your thoughts and you ask a few questions. You find out it's American made, and you like that quite a bit. Again, you file away the name and curiosity about Ljutics...

A few months later you start seeing a few more of them at registered shoots, and talk to a few owners. You learn more about the Ljutic mystique, and finally ask to handle one. Damn, it's heavy - that's until you raise it to your shoulder and discover a custom trap gun and it's design balance. You become interested, but not enough to ever consider owning one. They are just too odd and too different from all the clone trap guns...

A few years later and thousands of clays smoked with your new (bought used) Ljutic, and you wonder how many years you wasted not shooting the absolute finest trap gun ever built. Sure it's a SBT, but then again, isn't that your true love. You don't need two barrels to shoot at one clay, now do you?

Ljutics - an acquired taste, and an American love story....

·
Registered
183 Posts
Scott, I've heard you say you'd be good many times, and you seem to forget that promise now and then. It's time for you to go to your room and sit in the corner for 30 minutes. And tonight, no TV, no IPod, and no cell phone. You'll get it back next week....

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Ya only see that much loyalty in the lwgic crowd.

Great story about a Ljutic........

Iowa's current ATA director and former SW Zone director, Dan Wood started shooting in the early 80's. A kid by most trap standards. He soon became a local sensation using old equipment and created a friendship with a wealthy Des Moines shooter by the name of Marlin Weieneth. Marlin loaned Dan a Ljutic mono so the new kid would have a decent gun. Dan tried to buy it for over 2 decades and Marlin wouldn't sell it to him. Saying just shoot the dam thing. Marlin died of cancer a few years ago, still not selling the gun to Dan. By that time most of the blue was gone and the stock had little finish left. At least 75,000 rounds down the barrel with no problems.

The Weieneth family decided to let Dan keep the gun, as it was originally intended. After sending it to the factory for new finish, that old mono now looks like new and is still shooting hundred straights. Never had a break down.

Maltz

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See what I mean? Boring! What's interesting about a gun that just keeps shooting and shooting? Then they put a new finish on it just because. Still, it keeps on shooting.

A good story Maltzie.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think not that Ljutics are ugly. In my opinion, the Ljutic posses an a extremely confident exuberance, not at all dissociated with it's legendary reliability.
Apart from the Ljutics uncommon rounded receiver, the gun is quite elegant. Personally, I resort to to quite reasonable lengths to insure & reassure myself that I do not conform to peer pressure with regard to the adequacy of my guns.

Regards.................SoT

·
Registered
183 Posts
Son of thurlo:

Is there a good sample of Ljutics in your region of Austrailia? And just to satisfy my curiosity, where, might I ask, did you acquire your Ljutic, and what model & year is your gun?

Thanks, Mate. See you 'down-under'.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Rastoff said:
First of all, welcome to SGW Borchardt!!!

Secondly, yes, they are a beautifully engineered, wonderfully built, supremely reliable, ugly gun.
I recently got to hold a Ljutic O/U. I understand they are quite rare. I have shot and handled K & P guns but nothing felt like that Ljutic. It was perfection in the way it felt. Now if things ever pick up economically I want to grab a used single shot model. But the fella that let me hold his only spoke Spanish and I couldn't get him to pronounce Ljutic. Can someone please explain how it's pronounced,such as silent L or what?

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Rastoff said:
Ljutic is easily pronounced. Just say loo-tik (basically a silent J) and you'll have it.
Perfect, Thanks.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.