Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just received my FN SLP and it comes with 2 gas pistons. One is for a load weight of less than 1 1/2 oz., the other is for 1 1/2 oz. and more. It is chambered for 2 3/4 to 3 " magnum. On my boxes of 00 buck in 2 3/4, it says 3 dr eq, but nothing about load weight. On my boxes of #4 buck, all it says is 2 3/4 inch magnum; On the boxes of 3 inch magnum 000bk shells it says 4 dr eq; and on my boxes of 3 inch shells with 00 buck, it says nothing. Can someone please explain to me how I know which gas pistons to use when using these? Also, on my boxes of 3 inch shells with 1 oz slugs, does the 1 oz mean it is less than 1 1/2 oz even though it is in a 3 inch shell and it would be ok to use the lighter piston with those? ---Thank you very much for any help you can offer. --Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I think I found the answer to the load weights for everything except for the two following boxes.....The first box is 12 ***** buckshot, 2 3/4 inch, 3 dram eq, 9 pellets, 00 buck. The last box is 12 ***** 2 3/4 inch 1 oz slug maximum ....If someone could please let me know if these load weights are less than 1 1/2oz, I would be very appreciative. Thanks again. --Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. Thank you for the help. I will put in the heavier piston first, then run some shells that i know are heavier than 1 1/2 oz. and then see if it will cycle the two in question after the gun is a little more broken in. Thank you. --Tim

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. Thank you for the help. I will put in the heavier piston first, then run some shells that i know are heavier than 1 1/2 oz. and then see if it will cycle the two in question after the gun is a little more broken in. Thank you. --Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.