Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Had two peaches for dessert this evening myself; first one was so good I had to eat the second to make sure the first one was not a dream. Mine came from Campbell the "Peach Capital" of Missouri along the old military road atop Crowley's ridge:) Everyone coming to Texas from back east (KY & TN) traveled this route as there was what was referred to as "the great dismal swamp" on either side from SE Missouri down thru Arkansas.
http://www.encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e ... tryID=2305

God sure did bless Texas, that is true. Six sons of Missouri gave their all at the battle of the Alamo; but not before they planted some peach trees:)

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
If I lived somewhere else, I'd probably say that peach looks good, but seeing as in my area of beautiful CA, we are surrounded by peach and apricot trees, I'm sick of seeing them things! Maybe if it was made into peach brandy, I'd whistle a different tune. ;)

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Maser said:
If I lived somewhere else, I'd probably say that peach looks good, but seeing as in my area of beautiful CA, we are surrounded by peach and apricot trees, I'm sick of seeing them things! Maybe if it was made into peach brandy, I'd whistle a different tune. ;)
Now Maser, don't be laying pits down on the peach! It is a beautiful thing, just because yours are ugly don't mean nothing! :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.