Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am looking at the Benilli Ultra Light 12 ga. Semi-Auto for my wife. She likes the feel and fit but I have no idea how much kick these have. Are there any women shooters (or their husbands) who can comment? Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Need to know, for what use, primarily?

My wife loves hers! Took the first one away from me. Now we have two. Had to cut a bit off the stock of the first one for her, 5' 2''.

Now, if it was to be a steady diet of target shooting, I would buy absolutely the lightest recoil shells that it would handle. Or better yet, do as I do, use 7/8 or 3/4 oz. handloads. Her skeet scores took a drastic upturn when she got this gun and I fitted it to her.

Now, she has no problem with a few, fairly light hunting loads per day, but I am sure that she wouldn't withstand 1 1/8 oz, mid or heavier, range target loads on a steady basis.

She loves it because of it's light weight, carrying in the field and for that matter on the range. The nice thing is one can load 20 gage type loads in the 12 gage case, and it will function them. At least both of ours do. As well as a M1 and an M2 we have. Even I enjoy the savings in lead shot, using the lighter shot loads! One doesn't need more than 3/4 oz for skeet targets. And I occasionally shoot some at the 27 yard line, just to freak some of the hard core trap shooters out!

Clyde

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the pictures and reply. The pictures actually answer my question best. She will shoot some trap but mostly it will be for pheasant, grouse, quail, etc. It is possible the occasional turkey could be in her sights too.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
I thought it to have horrible recoil. Nice to carry, but not so nice to shoot.

·
Registered
37 Posts
01lariat said:
I thought it to have horrible recoil. Nice to carry, but not so nice to shoot.
Correct. I totally agree with this point. The lighter the gun, the more it recoils. The more weight it has, the more recoil is absorbed. If you don't mind me asking, how tall is she and does she really need a semi automatic? I can recommend a few guns if I know this stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts