Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a lot about guns on these forums and have learned a great deal. I am in the market for an O/U 12G field gun. Don't need one, as my Rem 11-87 shoots birds just as well as my friends Italian O/U art piece. Never the less, I want an O/U. I have decided a used gun in the $750 - $900 range is what I can afford to buy. In that price range the Berettas and Brownings are older guns - 60's 70's with fixed chokes and in less than excellent condition. I do see SKB, Weatherby, Franchi, Charles Daly (Miroku) and Winchester that tend to be in better condition. I have decided not to consider the less expensive guns as I read too many varying reports and I don't know enough (yet) to have the confidence. Beyond cracked stocks bent or damaged barrels, what do I really look for.. and beyond Beretta and Browning which of the better guns will hold up and perform. I plan on giving it to my son when he gets out of school when I can afford to buy something new!

·
Registered
475 Posts
You should check out the "Classified" forum here. There are some nice guns listed there, in your price range. Also, check your local pawn shops. If you're ever up in the Seattle area, DJ's Pawn and Sport in Bothell, Washington has a massive selection of all manner of guns at excellent prices.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The local classifieds can be a good source for inexpensive guns. The people who post there generally do not know the true worth of their guns.

Your price range limits you to older models of name brands or new Turkish/Russian O/U's. Given a choice, I'd take the older Ruger/SKB/Verona/etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts