Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine back in Peru wants to breed his really good female GSP. He is looking to get frozen semen from good lines. Any ideas on how to go about that? would it be easy to take the semen back to Peru?? or have it shipped there?
Where should I start looking for, and what should I look for?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Here is a Synboitics Corp. Vet to do Artificial Implantation of his ***** in country. Renato Mendez
Dr. Mendez Veterianry Clinic
Av. las Artes NO. 2161 San Borja
Lima,
Peru
511-225-8697 & 511-948-0487
Fax: 511-225-8697
[email protected] Symboitics Corp. http://www.synbiotics.com/Products/Cani ... ction.html has a listing of certified vets internationally and each U.S. state for collection, freezing and storage of canine semen.Research,find a suitable stud dog and make arrangement's for collection,freezing,shipment and implantation. It's not cheap but it's the most convenient way to breed to the very best stud dogs alive or long dead.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info... it is surely appreciated. I will do some research and contact my friend about prices and stuff. I have never owned a German Shorthaired Pointer, just labs, so I am not sure what to look for in a good specimen (besides hunting abilities!!).
Any recommendation into which breeders to start looking into?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The first thing I would do is get the *****'s certified pedigree with as many generations back as possible.Then you need to ask your friend some questions about her,range,speed ,coat,endurance and any flaws that you wish to try to correct through breeding.If you report back here this could help us steer you toward the right stud dog .If he knows the breeder of his ***** you may wish to contact them to get recommendations for breeding to a good out cross to his line.With AI you aren't limited to the US you can even go directly back to Germany or elsewhere if you choose.Be aware their are lines of Short Hairs in the US that are 25 yard boot polishers and lines that hunt 400 yards from the gun. In my country I prefer the latter.If I want a dog in gun range I'll use my lab.As a wise man told me you can always make them hunt closer but theirs no good way make them hunt farther out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.