Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
LOL @ drsfmd

Now I can attest, from personal experience, that it's possible to shoot out a Browning trap gun. I bought one, without knowing any better. A kind mutual friend of the seller and me TIG-welded and re-machined the bloc as a favor, and told me to sell it ASAP. I did, with full disclosure, as a rental gun to our gun range.

So... I'm not sure I'd buy a used Browning for 600 bucks again...

However, sometimes deals can be had.

Beretta used to sell plain-jane verions of their guns, like the 686 Essential, but they quit. The White Onyx is the plainest 680-series sold in the US. Well worth the price, though. If you like the Citori, you probably won't like the Beretta, though (I'm the opposite).

If you like to shoot the Citori, I'd suggest saving the money up, and combing the clearance racks. Or, look for a used one in obviously excellent shape, and plan to spend more than 600-800 bucks. You'll be better off, in the long run.

Sounds like you've dropped close to $10,000 on tickets and ammo during the life of your Baikal. Might as well pay a bit more, and get a good gun that won't break again, not throw away your money.

CDNN has Belgian-made FN Winchesters for $999, and some Citoris at clearance prices as well.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Be advised, you won't find OE choke tubes in any of those guns.

CDNN has a current-production 101 for $999. Probably a more economical choice, when all is said and done (though I do love my old fixed IC/M Ithaca SKB 20 Gauge, but it generally only comes out for hunting or random practice).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.