Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Personally, I'd go AyA or Uggie. The AyA 4/53 fits me like a dream, while I find the Uggies a bit short in the LOP.

If the Uggies turn you on, Lion Country Supply has some reasonable NIB prices and might have some used guns in stock, too. They, along with the fellow in Aspen, are Uggie importers. I'd give 'em a call.

The guns from the fellow in Aspen are pretty, and I hear he's great to deal with, but I think you're paying extra for embellishment features. That's not always a bad thing, but if it's going to be a gun that sees the field a lot, I'd as soon save the bucks for practice ammo. JM0/YMMV.

The SKB mentioned earlier also sounds like a decent idea. They make a sound firearm.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Worse comes to worst, you could always grab yourself a good ol' 311 20 gauge for this season and get by with it until you've made up your mind or saved up some bucks.

No joke ... as a kid, I took quite a few birds, squirrels and rabbits with a 311 20 gauge. Of course, that's before I know what a doublegun should feel like. I didn't know I was hunting with a big ol' club, I was just happy to have it. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.