Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all--

Looking for advice here, saw a recent post with a similar tag, but wanted to follow up with a couple of specific questions. I'm looking for something under 1K, used is fine. I've seen a couple of Aya's for about 800 and also a Browning Citori. I know the Citori is popular, but am looking for more feedback on the Aya in particular. Also other suggestions of what to look for in this pricerange would be great. I'd prefer to keep it under $600, but have heard that at that price I might run into getting less than I pay for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for these helpful replies. One other issue that's related is that I understand that some models (again, maybe a potential problem with the Ayas?) is that parts can be hard to find and therefore lead to trouble. Any sense of repair history, cost of ownership, etc among these options. ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Pumpster--

So I'm actually looking at a Matador on Gunbroker that has a single trigger.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =141640497

Not sure about the age; what would you call an 'older' gun? Also, I didn't see those older models you were talking about. Maybe I'm not structuring my search properly. Any chance you can point me to them?

I really appreciate your prompt replies.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't quite understand this last post. Are you saying that single triggers are ok if it's sss? I have no idea what that means, I thought all single triggers were selective...I'm a newby to the whole sxs thing, so please be patient.

Also (and to the group)--any education you could offer about the differences between boxlock, sidelock, and ejector types would be great. This last post recommends getting ejectors...I guess I assumed I'd prefer them but was thinking that might be optional as I rarely shoot, load, and shoot again within a few seconds (not that lucky in this part of New England, where on a good day I see 2-4 grouse total).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Folks:

I'm still looking and thought I'd renew this thread. I'm having some trouble finding 'just the thing', and am widening my search a bit (also happy to hear other suggestions). After the posts I saw here I focused on aya and Uggie, but have recently come across some other names, Zabala, Kestrel, and Interarms. Can you folks offer any feedback/insights on these guns?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As usual, rapid, great replies. To fill out, I'm in Western New England (tight coverts). I've heard mixed reviews of the CZ's, so would also be interested in more on those. The Spanish guns have captured my interest, but am trying to keep an open mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.