Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking to purchase Benelli Max 4 model. Any information on this pump is available. I will use it mostly for hunting. How happy are you with this shot gun. Any problems? Issues?

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
439 Posts
Do you mean the Nova? Max-4 is a waterfowl-oriented camoflage that is available on the Nova, M2, M1 and Super Black Eagle 2 models.

Here's the link for the Nova:

http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/nova.tpl

The nova is a sturdy, but heavy gun. Many people don't like the way it looks; if you buy one you will likely catch flack from some people on this website, but that's true with just about any gun. The forearm rattles a bit, but it is easily fixed with an allen wrench. The gun is great for ducks, geese, and turkey. A rifled barrel is available. It's a little heavy for a good upland gun, but there really isn't a do-all gun that I've found.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes
I should have mentioned it I'm looking at Benelli Nova Max 4. Since it accepts 2 3/4, 3 and 3.5 shells is pretty verastile. I know the benelli pumps have a look of their own : )
Any known issues with those shot guns?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mechanically - none that I know of. Aesthetically - If you use a lot of mosquito repellant and don't wash your hands, it may eat the camo finish off the gun. Recoil - the recoil pad is not the softest out there, or even close to the softest. Pretty easy to disassemble and clean. Tough as a rock. That's pretty much all I can think of. Oh, and make sure you give it a good, solid pump, you want the bolt to lock up every time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just shot some Winchester DryloK in 3 1/2, MAG in #2 out if it and it kicked like an SOB but it wasn't bad. I don't think it's the heavy gun that people keep refering to. It's lighter than most over/unders. I have the Nova you are looking at in 28". I get lots of looks but who cares. I like it. I agree with the recoil pad being rock hard. I'm going to get the LimbSaver slip on and the recoil mech for it. I can shoot the above mentioned ammo and it doesn't really bother me but I'm used to it. I knocked my target holder down at 30 yds so I'm sure that what I hit in the air will gain some altitude and then fall to it's death come Saturday when duck season opens back up here in Louisiana.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts