Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting in both I love Beretta and Browning sub forums, sorry if this is verboten...this is kind of a longshot, but here it goes...

Hi, I'm seriously considering a dedicated 12 gauge O/U sporting gun, I've really been shooting a lot of skeet in the past year and half and some sporting clays when I get time. Seems like the Beretta 690 Sporting/Black and the Browning Cynergy Sporting sort of tick the check boxes and are what I am willing to spend. Not interested in semi auto at this time.

I've been shooting my 1998 Beretta Essential field gun for my weekly rounds of skeet. It's a 28" barreled gun an weighs in at 6.8 lbs, I'm looking for something heavier and with the longer 30" or 32" barrels. I'm also interested in finding a better fitting O/U. My Essential has factory stock drop 1.4" @ comb, 2.2" @ heel with 14.5 inches LOP, it's okay and I do okay with it.

The closest I've come to handling a Beretta 690, was a used Beretta 692 (which shares stock dimensions with the 690) at a Cabela's gun library in the St Louis area over labor day weekend. They also had Browning Cynergy Classic, but unsure the exact dimensions on that particular model. Both of these sporting comb/heel drop seemed to fit me more naturally than my current Beretta Essential field gun. I did like the heavier feel in my hands, interested in how they actually swing on the skeet field compared to my light weight Essential.

According to the online catalog the 690 Black dimensions are 1 1/2" comb and 2.36" drop at heel, while the Cynergy Sporting has 1.625" comb drop, 2" heel drop. Unsure of the pitch on these. Both list LOP at 14.625 inches.

I live in western suburbs of Chicago, and a member at Knollwood in Yorkville/Oswego and shoot skeet on Sundays. Anyone in Chicagoland that has Beretta 690 sporting/black with the 1.50"/2.36" stock dimensions or a Browning Cynergy Sporting model (with 1.625"/2" stock dimensions) that would let me shoot a round of skeet with their gun? For your trouble, I'll buy you a couple rounds of skeet and shells. We can shoot at Knollwood or your club what ever is most convenient for you. I have new Rem V3 if that interests you to try out. Thanks.

·
Registered
892 Posts
It's best to get your hands on both of them if possible to see what feels better.
I find that the browning and beretta's have a noticeable difference in feel when you mount them. Browning's tend to fit me better out of box better than the Beretta.
Probably because most of the Browning's I've tried have a longer LOP. Usually about 14 3/4.
Once you find what fits you best go with it. Either brand will serve you as well as the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.