Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
LENGTH OF PULL - The distance as measured between the middle center of the butt where it sits into the shoulder and the trigger, usually the front trigger in the case of a double triggered gun.

Most off the shelf weapons have a LOP in the region of 14-1/2" to 14-3/4", and "youth" sized guns are often around 13".

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Sight down the stock with a surveyor's transit, then read the MOA (Minute of Angle) from the northernmost part on the gun. Take the number you derive and divide by pi. Now multiply that number by the the exact range from the butt plate to the target, and find the square root. Raise the result to the 2nd power, and you have the corrected LOP. Simple hey?

Just kidding--read Nortonics post. I'm an idiot about LOP--I just correct for it when hunting and have always done ok, as long as I shoot the gun alot in the off season. It's quite important in clays, though. Or so I believe--don't shoot clay pigeons except 1) informally and 2) when they become violent :lol:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
My Express Super Mag has the factory LOP at 14.5" (i think) and my Wingmaster LW 20 was cut to 12 3/4" With practice I have come to shoot each equally well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts