Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Being relatively new to this site I am just now getting around to reading some of these posts. I can't resist adding my two cents worth to some of them, so here goes. The reason for the great number of reloads, of course, is that there are a number of high volume clay target shooters out there. The "average" gunner probably goes through less than a case of shells every year. Back in the 50's I can remember my dad talking about his friends who still hunted squandering their money on an entire 20 box case and it wouldn't even last two years! Times have changed...most of us who shoot a few quail, rabbits and doves every year and are so-so shots will hit with about every third shot we fire. Lets see...250 shells per 10 box case divided by three equals about 80 hits. Any of you who consider yourselves " average" do much better than this? On the other hand a competitive clays shooter who competes in tournaments for 5 months out of the year and keeps in practice weekly will easily go through 10,000 rounds per year. That is equal to what 40 of the average shooters will use, and most of us who reload turn out a bunch at a time once we get rolling. I now use a progressive loader and will not even start unless I have a couple of hours and plan on setting up, loading , boxing and cleaning up and producing at least 600 rounds....usually more, but you know how things go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.