Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Franchi instinct L from my buddy Cliff, who had just purchased a new Citiori with an adjustable comb.
He insisted on selling it to me for half the retail price because the stock had a fine crack on the right side. That crack then, within the next week, increased until it went through to the left side.
Next I got a return number from Franchi/Beretta and sent it to them. In about 6 weeks I got it back with a new stock under the 7 year guarantee. It was less than a year old when I bought it so now I have a nearly new instinct L that, amazingly, fits me perfectly.

To celebrate the new stock I bought an LL Bean waxed canvas and leather field case. It does the Franchi justice.
I'm now a "Franchi Fan". Now to bust sporting clays and a few chukker.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have one in 20 ga. Beautiful gun. After 2 dove hunting trips it quit shooting the 2nd barrel when safety pushed to right. Sent it back and it was fixed. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have one in 20 ga. Beautiful gun. After 2 dove hunting trips it quit shooting the 2nd barrel when safety pushed to right. Sent it back and it was fixed. Very disappointing.
Heres hoping my Instinct L has no mechanical problems like that. Given the $1,200 price Franchi O/U shotguns should function well for thousands of rounds if properly maintained.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I looked at a Beretta and the Franchi one day last spring. I thought the Franchi fit was better for me. And if I would of bought that day. It would of been the instinct

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Recently I handled a Weatherby over and under and was very impressed. It's very similar to the Franchi in handling and quality.
I told my buddy about it, the same buddy I brought the Franchi from, and after going down the the gun store and seeing it HE BOUGHT IT as a "spare" O/U if something happened to his Citiori. Sheesh!
Eric B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts