Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use, high or low hold in trap? Do you use the same hold at night under lights as during the day?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
You can, especially if you are getting ready to hunt birds or something like that for practice, but a well fit trapgun doesn't lend well to low mount. I use mine in low mount comp for FITASC but I stand different towards the target.

From the 16 there isn't a problem, from the 27 you will be handicapping yourself quite a bit.

Another thing to think about is, bothering your squadmates by doing so.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm confused.Are you talking about holding high gun as opposed to low gun,or are you talking about about holding high or low on the house?
Dave

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hold low - my front bead is just at the far edge of the trap house. I can see the birds better that way.

fwiw

hubcap

·
Registered
16,301 Posts
Are you a "two eyed" shooter or do you close one of them. For most "one eyed " shooter s a low gun seems to work best. For me, a hold that is about parallel to the ground works OK all the way back.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I use an arc. Low on the corners and higher in the center. Target presentation will dectate how high. Incoming wind tends to push targets higher than a tailing wind which tends to push the targets down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts