Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new, to me, o/u and have been trying to find out as much information as I can on the differences between the lx980 and the Kronos/Z guns. With out being able to handle a good cross section of there guns I am looking to hedge my bets and go with a 32" adjustable comb set up, but have not been able to find all this in one gun for the right price

One place says that the new Zoli's are not the same as the LX980. The Z gun has upgrade to the Kronos? It just goes on and on but I have not seen anything written that spells out all the differences, if any that may exist between these three guns.

What if anything has changed between the lx980 and the Zoli's that have come to market?

Will the new Zoli product fit the lx980 ( new hand detachable trigger,etc)?

If there were $1000 price difference between used guns, Xl980 lowest and Z- gun highest in the three models, would the Z-gun be the better choice?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have 3 LX980,s, 2 Z-Sports, 2 Dakota Arms Zoli's, and a Kronos. The only differences I can see is a updated inertia block in the trigger group and the stock on the kronos is a bit slimmer. The LX-980's that I have seen all had upgraded wood that would put the higher end Zoli's to shame. I have switched the trigger groups between the guns and they have functioned just fine. The newer Zolis fit me a little better, I had to cut the combs on the Veronas and the Dakotas(even the adjustable combs). I obviously like the Zoli's they are excellent guns. For the money they can't be beat. Another gun worth concideration is the Gamba Daytona, although there isn't a lot of service available for them, but there are a few smiths that offer parts and service. Most of the LX980's I have seen were void of a center bead and the newer Zoli's have a tapered top rib.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
The LX980 is/isn't the same as a Zoli.....

Zoli made the gun but it has a Verona tag on it. I guess the best explanation would be this...

Chevy/GMC
Ford/Lincoln
Toyota/Lexus

Everything is the same and interchangeable, but they have a different name and different price!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.