Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought one from an older friend-fellow trap shooter. Never fired before I bought it and confirmed with a complete disassembly and lube. I've shot one round of skeet and two rounds of trap but it shoots a little too high compared to my go to guns. I'm thinking about posting it at the local club for what I paid for it ($1000). Is this too high or about right?
Rectangle Bumper Font Wood Metal
Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

· Registered
20,596 Posts
Gotta agree with my compadres above. It should sell for more than $1,000. Can't say for sure HOW much, but I'm thinking that $1,300 would be a nice number.

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I'll try $1200 this spring. I did replace the mag and action springs with NOS as preventative maintenance. The action spring measured just under 15" so I replaced both. I've hunted with 1100's for the first 50-years of my life and have plenty of spare parts to get me through past waterfowl seasons. Anyway no rush, the gun is fine sitting in the safe.
Thanks for all the input..

· Registered
68 Posts
If it shoots a little too high, I will check the length of poll compared to the shotguns you normally shoot. I went from a 1983 field Rem 1100 which I fitted a replacement Rem-Choke 28-inch barrel. When I started shooting a Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting, I shot much better. One informal Trap shoot I brought both shotguns and found out the 1100 was WAY too short. I was 6-foot 1-inch until I was knocked off a ladder by a tree branch and fell 23 feet. I am now only 5-foot 11-inches, but my length of pull didn't change. The 1100's are notoriously too short.

· Registered
189 Posts
I would say $1200-$1400. I’m not a Remington fan but 870 Wingmasters and 1100s are bringing more than Win M12s & Brn A-5s. I sold a 1100 Trap I took on trade for $500 just because I wanted to turn it over fast. Guy who bought it sold for $900, at show he had tagged at $1000 and it wasn’t a crème puff. Their are dealer in this area that would look hard at OPs gun at $1k.
Wood Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

· Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If it shoots a little too high, I will check the length of poll compared to the shotguns you normally shoot. I went from a 1983 field Rem 1100 which I fitted a replacement Rem-Choke 28-inch barrel. When I started shooting a Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting, I shot much better. One informal Trap shoot I brought both shotguns and found out the 1100 was WAY too short. I was 6-foot 1-inch until I was knocked off a ladder by a tree branch and fell 23 feet. I am now only 5-foot 11-inches, but my length of pull didn't change. The 1100's are notoriously too short.
I shot high shooting guns during my registered trap days, now shoot sporting, 5-stand, skeet and trap and prefer a fairly flat shooting gun for all games. I shoot mainly Beretta sporting o/u's currently and am getting too old to remember to hold a little lower with this gun. It's not hurting anything sitting in the safe but thought someone might put it to use and I believe my friend thought the same when he offered it to me to buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts