Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I missed window on Cordoba 20g vs the new Ethos version

There's something about the completely utilitarian look of the old style that hits me aesthetically speaking

That said, I am edging toward a basic M2 20g with 28" barrel

Besides being hundreds less and not being ported, what am I losing in comparison to the Cordoba? Correct me if I am wrong but the internals would essentially be the same?

I appreciate your input

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
The M2 is a wonderful gun, especially nice in 20. I don't think you'd be giving up anything.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Never liked the cordoba myself and I've owned quite a few Benellis. Something about the weight, balance and that god awful sticky black stock. The m2 20ga however is about as sweet handling a gun as I've ever owned.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had both. I thought the ported barrel on the Cordoba was loud and sold it. The cordoba seemed a little heavier than the m2, but i did not weigh either gun. My scores when shooting sporting were as bad with both guns.

Overall, I ended up keeping the M2 and am very happy with it. I think gun choice is a very personal decision, and only you can decide what works for you.

good luck

·
Registered
63 Posts
I didn't care for the Córdoba either. I had a M2 20 gauge with a 26" barrel and thought I would get a Cordoba 20 gauge with the 28" barrel to hunt with as well. I ended up selling it and bought another M2…this one with the 28" barrel. I still shoot both M2s as I can't quite tell the difference between the two barrel lengths.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The black M2's have the same sticky coating as the Cordoba, camo version doesn't have it though. Cordoba has a 2 piece reciever, M2 doesn't. Both have raised ribs but I think the M2 is tapered more toward the front. Cordoba will hold one more shell in the Magazine, but as mentioned the M2 will accept an extension tube.

I have 2 black M2's. My oldest one has turned yellowish. No problems with either.

One thing to consider that nobody talks about, they're offered with 2 different length stocks but they have the same LOP with the pad on. One is a shorter stock with a longer harder pad (this stock will be the same LOP if you add a Limbsaver). The other is a longer stock with a shorter softer pad (this stock will have a longer LOP with a Limbsaver). I have one of each and I prefer the longer one with a Limbsaver. My daughter shoots the other one so it works out good for both of us

·
Registered
640 Posts

I posted these images a long time ago on my computer. They look exactly the same on my phone. When you actually look at the guns in person, you'll see what I'm talking about

The only reason I never bought a Cordoba is because I never had the money when I found a good deal on one

·
Registered
8,492 Posts
My M2 20ga has been phenomenal as my dedicated turkey gun. So much so that I'm trying to find a black M2 20ga with a 28" barrel to take these Cabelas points I've accumulated off my hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts