Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pre-owned but like new MacNab Woodcock yesterday. S/S, 20ga, double trigger, straight stock, ejectors and 29" barrel. All the store owner could tell me about this gun was it's an English gun. Does anyone have experience with this manufacturer?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I did a search for "MacNab Woodcock" and got a few hits from British gun rooms. Nice looking shotguns; but NOT inexpensive! :shock:

Maybe some of our members from across the pond will chip in with comments.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
I don't think the MacNabs are English I have a John MacNab Catalogue somewhere and the guns are from several Italian Makers, with the MacNab name on them..He also had the Yildz, but I don't know if they carried the Macnab name..Check the gun fo proof marks.. Bushrod

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Trickster,

I did find the website last night but was wanting more details as to where or who manufactures this line or obtain info from an actual owner of a MacNab shotgun to check on user opinions.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Can't help much with that Labdog. The Lowlander O/U is one of those OEM Italian guns from FAIR just like the Remington Premier range and The Highlander is from FIAS (Sabatti) MacNab is not a manufacturer but a dealer bringing in own badge products. Some of the SxS are from Famars, some from Guerini (not Cesar Guerini!) Chances are that the Woodcock is identical to some others out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts