Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
I have two 12g and one 20g Magnus Limited Fields and they are beautiful guns to shoot. The balance and fit is perfect for me. I can practise three rounds of skeet with the wood butt plate and feel no effects of recoil.
I do not have the 20/28g combo in the Magnus but I do own two Tempio Light Fields in 20g and 28g. They are both built on the 20g frame and are very close in weight. The 28g feels a bit less whippy than my 28g Rizzini Aurum Light which is built on a scaled 28g frame, but that is only noticeable when comparing them side by side.
Personally, if I were to have only one gun for the shooting I do, I would go for the Magnus Limited 20/28g combo.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have two 12g and one 20g Magnus Limited Fields and they are beautiful guns to shoot. The balance and fit is perfect for me. I can practise three rounds of skeet with the wood butt plate and feel no effects of recoil.
I do not have the 20/28g combo in the Magnus but I do own two Tempio Light Fields in 20g and 28g. They are both built on the 20g frame and are very close in weight. The 28g feels a bit less whippy than my 28g Rizzini Aurum Light which is built on a scaled 28g frame, but that is only noticeable when comparing them side by side.
Personally, if I were to have only one gun for the shooting I do, I would go for the Magnus Limited 20/28g combo.
Thanks for the great input. The Rizzini Artemis is also a gun I was considering, but really want the CG Magnus. I will continue searching for one hoping to buy used to save a few bucks but may have to bite the bullet and buy new.

· Registered
35 Posts
I have the Magnus Sporting 20/28/410 that I love shooting. It's a quick and very smooth gun that I have been having good success with on sub gauge events. It has 32" barrels, so the field model you are looking at will be really quick.

· Registered
56 Posts
As much as I like the Rizzini guns I have, I feel a lot more confident that I will get whatever support I need for my CG's from the great folks at Caesar Guerini USA. That was a big reason to buy CG's for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.