Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dad gave me his marocchi over under a few years ago. Not sure of the mode though. He bought it in the late 90s and ha shot 1 round with it. Since I've taken it, must've put around 500 rounds through it. Bottom firing pin doesn't work properly. Sometimes it won't fire. It's at the gunsmith now and they can't replicate the issue. So they'll just take apart, clean via ultrasonic and reassemble. Even though the mechanism isn't exposed, is it recommended to take apart to clean and oil every few years?

·
Registered
209 Posts
The manufacturer and model will help you get more articulate responses. The bottom firing pins on some shotguns do have issues.
I clean my receiver once a year, but some folks go quite a bit longer with no issues.
Less than a 1000 rounds total in its life, you shouldn’t be having wear problems unless something was off originally.
Edit your post with make and model.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have two Marocchi Model 99's that came out in, you guessed it, 1999. I respectfully submit that this Marocchi is one of their budget models and may be very difficult to find parts for. Hopefully a good cleaning will fix the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts