Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During a recent hunt,, the bolt operating handle decided to take flight. After several futile minutes, I gave up on finding it, and went to retrieve my back-up over under. (which was painfull enough, but to add to the pain, I was shooting Pheasant loads, high brass mags loaded with #5's).

My question is, is this a common occurance? I contacted Browning, and they are going to send me another, once they get them in stock! The only source I have found for a replacement is Briley's and that is for an aftermarket handle. Wondering if I should buy a few for spares or just wait for the OME from Browning.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wouldn't loctite it as you have to remove the handle to strip the bolt out, plus loctite would jam the detent spring and stop you fitting the handle properly. Just ensure the detent ball/spring is clean and free, if the replacement handle does not lock in securely you could consider deepening the groove in the handle slightly to increase the detent engagement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.