Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to report on my new Maxus. Bought the gun last thurdays. It has a great fit and finish. Took it out this weekend for some dove hunting. I shot 5-6 box of winchester univeral and 2 boxes of super speeds. It cycled the light loads great both in the field and back at camp shooting clays. I also put some reloads through it. Only had one misfeed and it was with the 1oz super speeds. I dont know if it was the gun or the shell either way I am happy. Hopefully it does equally well when goose season comes along.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've had mine since the beginning of August and love it! I have two flats of shells through it and have been patterning it for turkeys too with 3.5" loads. It is light recoiling and a joy to carry. Our waterfowl season starts next weekend so I am looking forward to giving it more serious action.

Has anyone heard of any problems with these? I really haven't experienced any.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lightest I have used were some 1oz superspeeds. It didnt have any issues with these next time out ill see if anyone has some 7/8oz and give them a shot.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have shot some 7/8 oz loads out of mine that my buddy reloads for his SxS. It never failed to cycle the box of 7/8oz shells I shot through it. The only difference was that it didn't toss the empties ten feet away. I shot the box at skeet so most of the time I was only firing with a single shell in the but it did fine with doubles. I could not be more pleased with my Maxus.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you guys that have put alot of rounds through your guns,have you had any problems with particles blowing back in your eyes,i had a gold hunter a few years back and i was always getting a face full.this is a point that has me leaning towards an extrema2,being that the vents are pointed down,any feedback thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
chop123 said:
you guys that have put alot of rounds through your guns,have you had any problems with particles blowing back in your eyes,i had a gold hunter a few years back and i was always getting a face full.this is a point that has me leaning towards an extrema2,being that the vents are pointed down,any feedback thanks
None what so ever.

·
Registered
538 Posts
No blow back particles on me either......I have shot buckshot, lead, and hevishot thru mine and it just keeps on ticking.....Best trigger on any autoloader I have ever shot......The feel of the shotgun reminds of the SX3 with the added bonus of a auto-feed loader in it similiar to Remington's CTI2. Browning has done a great job on this shotgun and I bet it sells well for them.........I am sold on it and I own Beretta, benelli, and Remingtons. Alot cheaper than a SBE2 and fires and cycles light loads benelli's cant touch......The 3.5 inch chamber is another added bonus for any turkey, waterfowl, or predator hunter out there. :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey fellas, my Maxus should be hear on Mon. afternoon, finally.... but thankfully just days before duck and pheasant season open. My question is what are you guys using to clean them? I have read that solvent based cleaners and oils should not be used and could damage the Dura-touch armour finish. So any suggestions for my first cleaning . I can hardly wait 'til Mon. I feel like a little kid before Christmas. On sad note the Gold will be sold.

Chessie

·
Registered
538 Posts
I use Ballistol on mine...ballistol is sold by Midwayusa and it will not hurt rubber, plastic, metal, or even leather. When I got mine out of the box, it seemed like the whole gun was covered in oil...... ballistol has been around for years.......You can even clean your bore with it.......It is biodegradable. Good luck and you will enjoy the Maxus.....I can bet on it.........By the way, ballistol is made of medical grade mineral oil and certain plant extracts used in cleaning......The germans used it for years and nobody I am aware of ever says anything bad about it.....

·
Registered
847 Posts
I have never had any blow back issues. From reading the manual, you don't want to expose the stock to solvents but I think a little oil is OK. I have been patterning my Maxus for turkey loads lately and can say that it shoot 3.5" with 2.25 oz of shot relatively well for weighing just around 7lbs. Our duck opener is the weekend and I am really looking forward to carrying the Maxus in the mud and muck. I love my 11-87 but the Maxus feels like it is at least 20lbs lighter!

Someone made a comment about how nice the trigger is and I would echo that, very nice for an auto loading shotgun! Excellent gun! I'd love one in a 20ga!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts