Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sadly most Model 12 admirers do not have 60 years left to shoot. Usually something like this is tagged at $700 to $800. Anyhow, the price is reasonable and in competition with 20ga Model 37s and Wingmaster 870s. The choke is excellent 20ga 1/2 choke is equal to 1/4 choke in 12ga and that is what we need for majority of upland hunting.

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Yes, unless it's black, tactical, composite stock and fitted with a p-rail, millennials won't give it a second glance

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd buy it myself but already have five factory standard grade solid ribs, two Trap grade solid ribs and two VR Skeet guns in 20 gauge, 3 Pin and Donut Post. I'm nearly all set 20 gauge wise. Its a steal IMHO.

·
Registered
908 Posts
casonet said:
Yes, unless it's black, tactical, composite stock and fitted with a p-rail, millennials won't give it a second glance
And I truly hope that they stay addicted to that junk because that means more Model 12s available to those of us who love them.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
casonet said:
That is true. Number of years ago I stopped at Gander Mountain near Shippensburg Pa. I found Winchester Super X-1 with hanging tag. I asked young salesman why such nicely made shotgun that looks like it was shipped from factory yesterday is less than <$300? He said: it weighs 8lbs, doesn't have 3" chamber, vent rib or choke tubes. Still we must be thankful for those millennials for having any interest in guns at all. Sometimes one can actually beat them. Not long ago I walked into gun shop and found chromed stainless steel Winchester police shotgun in like new condition for cool $300. Those riot type guns with extended magazines are usually gobbled up fast by them bright eyed young fellas.
Man, around here something that doesn't rust w/o lot of pampering is priceless. The moment I seen "Stainless Steel" on that barrel it was sold. While stainless can still rust matte chrome job sure as hell solves that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
casonet said:
I'm 32, so I guess I'm technically a millennial (barely) and my favorite shotgun is a Remington 31 in 16 *****. The vast majority of what lives in my safe is made of blued steel and wood and was made prior to 1960, so that's not entirely true...

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Congratulations to you! Believe me, you are an exception!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Not only an exception but also an individual who truly knows and appreciates QUALITY.

Worked around firearms for a decade plus and have seen first hand the quality or lack of
it that is being passed on to the consumer today. Funny though the prices keep going up.

"LET THE BUYER BEWARE"

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thank you! Trust me, there are a few of us that still understand what a quality gun feels like!

If you gentlemen happen to run across a clean Model 12 or Model 50 with a ribbed barrel at a reasonable price please let me know!

·
Registered
12,905 Posts
Just follow gunbroker.com, gunsinternational.com, and gunsamerica.com and you will find what you are looking for. Just saw a fantastic Model 50 Trap last week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.