Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 12 gauge Mec 700 versamec for just under 80$. Looks to be in pretty good shape and has the extra primer feed on it. Thoughts on whether it would be a step up from the 600 jr. Mark V?

Thanks bunches!!!

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
Junkers88,
Actually that would be a step backwards. The Versamec is an out of production model press, that performed largely like the 600 Jr. Mark 5, and was discontinued in favor of the 600 Jr. Mark 5. The Mark 5 actually has more features.

Additionally the Versamec you speak of is overpriced, and should sell for $40 to $50 max.

The upgrade would be a Sizemaster, in a single stage press, or a Grabber or 9000G in a Progressive press.

DLM

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a 700 VersaMec and love it. But as stated above the price is too high for the press alone. If there are add ons, i.e., primers, powder and shot included or powder bars and bushings it may be a better deal. I would not pay more than $40.00 to $50.00 for that press now days depending on condition.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,
Because of this advice I passed on the 700 and picked up a 600 jr. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.