Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a 9000E Automate. The charge bar does not move. The bar lock does not release. The trip rod does not move when a shell is in station 2. I can prime the hull but the bar does not release. I can release it manually. I do have the 3/16 clearance called for in the manual. The reprime tube does have 2 clamps on it with the trip rod between them. The reprime tube is about 1/8 inch below the platen. The reprime tube is too small to fit in the post of the primer assembly.

Thank You

·
Registered
10,358 Posts
sportclayslayer said:
I just received a 9000E Automate. The charge bar does not move. The bar lock does not release. The trip rod does not move when a shell is in station 2. I can install the primer but the bar does not release. I can release it manually. I do have the 3/16 clearance called for in the manual. The reprime tube does have 2 clamps on it with the trip rod between them. Any Help masters on the MEC family.

Thank You
Two things are indicated.
1) The trip rod going to the locking mechanism is probably binding in the upper bracket. This can easily happen in shipment, but is easily fixed. The bracket is light metal and can easily be bent with pliers. The trip rod MUST be free of any binding, and getting it aligned in the upper bracket should fix your problem.

2) While probably not your immediate problem, the better adjustment on the rammer tube is to raise the clamp 5/16 inch, rather than the 3/16 MEC states. This insures reliable bar lock operation, and provides a more solid primer seating. With the handle up, loosen the 2 clamp screws and lower the rammer tube approx. 1/4 inch, and re-tighten the clamps. Then recheck to see if the clamp will raise about 5/16 inch.

DLM

·
Super Moderator
7,653 Posts
sportclayslayer

You said you can release the bar manually. Once you do that does it re-lock with no hull in station 2? If so, "the trip rod going to the locking mechanism" DLM referred to is most likely not bent.

Steve

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Thanks for the help. I tried and it works now. It was just sprung a little. It looks like I am going to have to decide which hulls to keep also because of the AAHS length difference. I will probably keep the newer ones.

·
Super Moderator
7,653 Posts
sportclayslayer said:
It looks like I am going to have to decide which hulls to keep also because of the AAHS length difference. I will probably keep the newer ones.
Keep them all, just sort them into the 2 groups. It will only take a slight adjustment on the pre-crimp and final crimp station to run the different lengths.

Steve

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After checking them closely I feel that the old ones are on their last legs. Getting ragged around the mouth. The new ones are once fired and much better shape. I have the old ones loaded now and will just toss them when done. I also plan on buying another flat or two of the new style.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts