Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of this, and was told that this would pop primers, but I have not been able to find this on mec's site, nor on google. does anyone know where to find one of these? And how good are they for just popping out primers ?

Or is there a better alternative ?

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
They're discontinued and never were anything more than a stand-alone version of the deprimer and friction resizer station that comes on MEC 600 Jrs.

MEC currently makes a stand-alone resizer which squeezes in the brass using the collet resizer that now comes on all MEC Sizemasters, Grabbers and 9000Gs. But it doesn't deprime the case.

The only press MEC still makes that doesn't include a resizing station is the 650.

I don't know why you'd want that conditioner -- unless you already own a MEC 650.

·
Administrator
23,780 Posts
Case conditioners still show up on ebay and are great for popping primers out of found cases and resizing them back to spec. If you resize and remove primers from found brass, the primers will not be corroded into place when you go to use them. It also makes it better for allowing any wet brass to dry inside and out.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I think that a better alternative would be to buy a MEC Sizemaster. This is MEC's single stage that has the collet type resizer. A collet type resizer squeezes all of the brass. With my 20 ga 700 Versa MEC that has a friction type of sizer like the Case Conditioner, steel cases tended to stick in the die. It also rubs off the brass finish, which leads to rust forming on the base.

Besides if you get the Sizemaster, you will now have a back up and a single stage to work up loads.

·
Administrator
23,780 Posts
I think that a better alternative would be to buy a MEC Sizemaster. This is MEC's single stage that has the collet type resizer. A collet type resizer squeezes all of the brass. With my 20 ga 700 Versa MEC that has a friction type of sizer like the Case Conditioner, steel cases tended to stick in the die. It also rubs off the brass finish, which leads to rust forming on the base.

Besides if you get the Sizemaster, you will now have a back up and a single stage to work up loads.

Yup and then you can drive the primer out with a nail, that's the ticket. It really is a help to get that primer out to prevent corrosion. Remove a stuck primer and ruin a case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.