Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
There is an insert in the charge bar ( at least on the MEC progressive loaders ) - and the reason its there is to let you fine tune your shot drops. As they wear - you replace the insert ...... its easy to fine tune them / but the only time I've found them to be off much is when the bar isn't traveling its full length - so make sure you have it adjusted properly as well.

While MEC sets their loaders up pretty well / they still need to be fine tuned when you get them ......it just takes a little time and patience. You can call them during the day / they're very helpful --- but I don't know how well they respond to emails.

Fine tuning powder bushings - is best done on a lathe - to spin them and open them up a little with some emery cloth ( go lightly ). If you need to tighten one up / borrow some clear fingernail polish from your wife or girlfriend - and coat the inside of the bushing - and then fine tune it with emery cloth again. And mark the bushing / with a permanent marker .......

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ok, so maybe I shouldn't be modifying that rubber insert ... didn't know, thanks..

In fact, I just checked the MEC manuals online - and it discusses the soft insert in the charge bar is there to prevent shot shearing .... It probably wouldn't hurt me to read those manuals once in a while even though I've been using MEC loaders for 40 years ...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.