Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
23,926 Posts
DanG said:
BigJimP said:
There is an insert in the charge bar ( at least on the MEC progressive loaders ) - and the reason its there is to let you fine tune your shot drops.
Actually, I think that white rubber insert is to prevent shot shearing.

Dan
That would be correct, stopping shot shearing is the answer.

·
Administrator
23,926 Posts
lablover1 said:
20 grains, or 10-11 pellets probably isn't worth worrying about. It's just the principal of the thing for me.
If it's advertised to drop 7/8 oz, then it should.
The powder bushing (# 24) is dropping within .2-.3 grains of powder consistantly.

But you know, 10-11 pellets per load could improve your score quite a bit. And I need the help. :)
I tell you what you do, go out and get some #9 shot that is pure lead and then tell us what the shot drop is.
That is what Mec sized the bar to use because it has been available. Then go out and get some #2 magnum shot and see what the bar drops. "Oh, but it ain't the same", the guy said, "it must be Mec's fault, can I get the bar warrantied? Danged poorly made stuff"
It just is one of those variables that Mec has no control of, so you better get used to it! :roll:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.