Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used some Imperial Die Wax on the collet of my 8567 and it seems to do a good job. Has anyone else ever tried it and how did it work out for you? As it does an excellent job lubing brass for full length sizing it seems it would be perfect for collet lube also.

·
Super Moderator
9,884 Posts
After spending a lot of his personal time testing different products Curly NoHair recommended "Super Web Grease", I tried it and never looked back.
IMHO a wax for resizing brass is meant for a 1 time use, to be applied each time you resize the brass. But I do not load rifle/pistol so don't really know.

Steve

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
I am in the same situation as Steve, Tried Super Web, never going back. Clean the collet thoroughly, lube with Super web, set for the correct size- you're good for at least 5k loads. I suspect lots of lubes will do a good job for a while. Super Web last a LONG time.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
albatros said:
I am in the same situation as Steve, Tried Super Web, never going back. Clean the collet thoroughly, lube with Super web, set for the correct size- you're good for at least 5k loads. I suspect lots of lubes will do a good job for a while. Super Web last a LONG time.
Me, too. I had one 9000 that clunked all the time. I lubed it with all manner of different lubes that I'd heard were good. Replaced all the crap with Super Web and the clunking stopped immediately. I will NEVER try anything else as long as I can buy Super Web grease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.