Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frequently, an individual can beat MSRP by not shopping at the company. I was wondering if this is true for MEC reloader parts? Are there any other places that sell them other than MEC? Or is the company the only place which carries a complete parts supply?

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
lots of places carry mec---gander/basspro/cabelas---and most any reasonably sized sporting goods/gunshop

most online reloading suppliers as well---

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
Some places carry limited supplies of MEC parts, but I would advise getting them straight from MEC. Aside from powder bushings, wad guides, and chargebars, I haven't seen many other items offered at other retailers. I usually wait until I need several parts OR order extras just in case.

But to quote a MEC CS rep if you want to buy a reloader straight from MEC; "We charge more for reloaders than retail outlets because we want customers to buy from them." Their parts prices are pretty much in line with retailers.

MEC customer service is the best!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Equismith said:
Their parts prices are pretty much in line with retailers.
That's all I needed to hear. Just need a new primer tray assembly and didn't know if shopping around was the order of the day. Glad to hear that they are fair with their pricing and have good service.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
They ship fast, too. Which is worth a littler more if you need something in two-three days. Everything I've ordered has been delivered by USPS.

·
Registered
510 Posts
When you say "new primer tray assembly" do you mean the new-style primer tray conversion kit? If so, MEC is asking $65 plus shipping. I purchased mine from Midway for $49 plus shipping. For some of the more common components that may need replacement (bushings, bars, primer trays, crimp starters) you can normally do a bit better shopping around. If you're looking for something more obscure that doesn't fail as often, MEC is probably your best bet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Check out Recobs Shooter supply ,I think you may find what you need . they have a pretty complete inventory of MEC parts. Butch45Lc

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I checked Recobs. They do have a great selection of parts, but prices run a bit high.

Connie's does have a great price on the new large primer feed. However, I'm going to stick with the smaller feed for now. My loader needs to move around a bit.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to put an order into MEC soon. Maybe get some groovy MEC accessories. Hmm, MEC "bling". :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Regardless of whom you choose to supply your parts , plan ahead and buy as much as you think you may need over a reasonable time span because shipping charges are generally disproportionally high .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts