Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a mid 90s vintage browning gti over under 12 ga, i am assuming it is based the citori, he shot trap league and occasional sporting clays with it for 10 years or so, and has only shot it occasionally since. No major wear visually on the wood or blueing. It has a 2 3/4" chambers, a very wide vent rib, porting. Any idea on value?

·
Registered
27,086 Posts
I have the same gun; about $1200 or so depending on condition. It was discontinued for the new 325.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
As Albanygun says, the GTI is a Citori variant. You've noticed the wider rib. It also has slightly different stock dimensions from the other Citori sporters of the day. The forearm is also different from the other Citori sporters. The very earliest GTI's had red lettering on the receiver; the latter ones had gold lettering.

You'd have to have a pretty darn good example of the later guns for it to be worth anything North of $1200.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
john , I have two of them ,a'94 and a '93 ( that I bought new ) absolute tanks ,love them. that being said ,their predecessor the red label with invector chokes Ibelieve was Brownings first foray into sporting clays. what you ,oneounce and myself have is the next generation, lengthned forcing cones ported bbl's,wide rib approx. 8.5 lbs ,2 3/4 inch. I have used mine for all the clayys games and love it . it is not however ,an ideal trap gun. I have to concur with oneounce's price on a gun with average wear. dollar for dollar ,still a great shotgun.hope this helps.....John

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
just a follow up after reading vettejockey's post ,I have to agree. i bought the 94' last year for my wife, unfired , n.i.b. chokes three triggers $1475.00. and I did'nt haggle as it was a birthday present and I knew I would'nt find another like it

·
Registered
27,086 Posts
There are currently what - 34 or so Citori variations? The Gti was designed as a target gun, like the Special Edition Sporting Clays ( or whatever it actually was called). I got mine in 94 as they were being discontinued. Heavy gun, mine has 32" barrels and I used it for 20 years and put right at 300,000 rounds. At 90,000, I had springs and firing pins replaced - that was it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vette Jockey said:
As Albanygun says, the GTI is a Citori variant. You've noticed the wider rib. It also has slightly different stock dimensions from the other Citori sporters of the day. The forearm is also different from the other Citori sporters. The very earliest GTI's had red lettering on the receiver; the latter ones had gold lettering.

You'd have to have a pretty darn good example of the later guns for it to be worth anything North of $1200.
Dads, the one in question has gold lettering, my grandfather has one that is a few years older with red lettering. I really like the way dads shoots but i have never shot my granfathers. There are a few differences between the two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.