Shotgun Forum banner
201 - 220 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Kyler Hamann,

Has come up with a great idea. He thinks I should start taking orders for my book. I think this is a great idea too. My last chapter should be finished this weekend and Nate is back home so he will be finishing my new website. This will not be a real big site. I really want it just to sell my book I have done most of the things for my pay company. The book should go to the printer by the middle of next week and I will be done. I still can't give you an exact price yet but I will say that I am going to start with 200 soft copies and 25 hard copies. I want to give to the people who helped me through my career a collectors edition. This is what Jeff, my editor called them. I am happy to order as many more as people. (collector Editions) books that people will want. I will be happy to sign these or personalize each one as the buyer wants. I really need to know how many hard copies I will need to get those of you who want a hard copy. I am going to guess that the soft copy will be around $39.95 and the Collector's edition will be somewhere around $15.00 more. Please remember, These are estimates cost but I don't think I will miss it far. As soon as the site in finished, I will post the exact price. As I have mentioned before, you will be able to fill out an order form with the information I will need for shipping. I am going to average the shipping cost to make it much easier to order this book. I understand there might be a slight difference in the single shipping cost but there will not be a lot of difference. I will cover the shipping envelopes and any other material I will need. The books will go out as 3 day mail. I think these things will make it much easier to order the book. Remember that you may send me a check but there will be several days delay in getting the book to you. I am real excited about gettings these books on the market and to all of you. I really appreciate all of you for understanding the delay.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine

"Inside the Mind of a Target Setter"

This book has been written for both target setters and shooters too. I have tried to put everything I know about setting courses in this book. If I find that I have left out something important, I will simply send you and addition that you can attach to the end of the book. By the way I am using quality paper and quality bindings. There will be no charge for any addition.

My new website address is http://www.claytarget.biz The site is up but is not finished as of today

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
Mike you can save a bunch on shipping by using USPS Media Mail. This effectively lowers the cost to the buyer.
I want 4 soft copies and one collector, all signed with the Collector personalized to me.

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
Mike McAlpine said:
You got it Curly. Thanks on the tip about UPS

Mike
Mike, it is USPS Media Mail The Post Office Not UPS (United Parcel Service)

It is a bit slower and a lot cheaper.

Curly

·
Registered
230 Posts
On your website now and hit preorder button and nothing happens!
Presumably still transition mode
Ordering 2 By the way , one for a mutual of ours Vance Barnes
Take Care

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Bell,

I will put you down for a hard copy. Thanks for letting me know. I should be finished this next week. I have added a few more chapters since I told everyone I was finished. I remembered a few things that I had left out and thought they were important enough to stop the presses (ha ha) and added them to my book. It should that between 2 and 10 days to get the books back from the printer. I will announce it on SGW. I sure hope you and everyone else likes my book.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine

A book for target Setters and shooters too.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The button says "Pre-Order Available Soon". The link will work as soon as Mike finishes setting up his account with the 2A friendly payment processor.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
PdxK80,Misplaced Lead

I finished setting up my Payment Cloud account this evening. I need to talk to the company in the morning about turning it on. Nate has almost finished my new site and as soon as he is finished and Payment Cloud gets everything operating I will announce the site ready to pre order my book. Like I have mentioned, I decided to add a final chapter about adjusting machines. I thought about talking to these four companies and was going to asked them if I could use some of their information to add to this chapter so I could talk about finding a problem and how to repair it. If I had added this information to the book, I was looking at two more weeks to get the book out. I just don't want to have another delay so I have since decided that I would add their links to each one's repair manual. These manuals should have everything that you will need to know for fixing most any problem. Keep watching for my announcement that my site is ready for pre orders.

I will send my editor the pictures and captions on adjusting these different machines. The information in this new chapter will be more for the new setters and hopefully the ones that come later. Many of our shooters who are shooting today can learn a lot when it comes to very deceptive presentations. As I have mentioned, I want this book to still be informative after I am gone. My main reason is to keep promoting the sport through the knowledge I have learned these last 35 years.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine

"inside the Mind of a Target Setter"

A book for target setters and shooters too.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
I am trying to get a hold of Curly. I want to ask some questions about the new format I am probably looking in the wrong place but I can't seem to find his contact

Mike McAlpine

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
I am trying to get a hold of Curly. I want to ask some questions about the new format I am probably looking in the wrong place but I can't seem to find his contact

Mike McAlpine
Here I am. You can click on my Avatar and start conversation by PM if you want.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Well, my book is finally finished and will go to the printer in the next few days. Nate is waiting on some information to finish my new website. I do want to mention that I have decided NOT to add a chapter on adjusting machines. After a 100 pictures (are more) I just can't make this work. I am sorry but every time I tried to write the captions, I didn't like what I had written. So after talking to my editor and Curly, I have decided to print the web addresses for, Mec, Promatic, La Porte, Lincoln and Atlas. These seem to be the most popular machines. The address are for their main site. From there you will be able to go to their repair manual. One of my problems was there were too many different machines to discuss. You will have to ask for the type of machines you need information on. I really think this is the best way to help you with adjustments and repairs. While I do know a lot about many of these machines, I don't know everything so I think the manufacture can better help you. I tried to to this on my own but I didn't like what I had to say. Again, I am very sorry I couldn't do this to my satisfaction but I think this is the right decision.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Well, my book is finally finished and will go to the printer in the next few days. Nate is waiting on some information to finish my new website. I do want to mention that I have decided NOT to add a chapter on adjusting machines. After a 100 pictures (are more) I just can't make this work. I am sorry but every time I tried to write the captions, I didn't like what I had written. So after talking to my editor and Curly, I have decided to print the web addresses for, Mec, Promatic, La Porte, Lincoln and Atlas. These seem to be the most popular machines. The address are for their main site. From there you will be able to go to their repair manual. One of my problems was there were too many different machines to discuss. You will have to ask for the type of machines you need information on. I really think this is the best way to help you with adjustments and repairs. While I do know a lot about many of these machines, I don't know everything so I think the manufacture can better help you. I tried to to this on my own but I didn't like what I had to say. Again, I am very sorry I couldn't do this to my satisfaction but I think this is the right decision.

Sincerely,

Mike McAlpine

My editor, Jeff Meloy just told me that things like the above paragraph shouldn't be in the book but he will add the addresses of the companies that I mentioned.

MIke McAlpine

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
To all of my readers on this forum. I have ran into a problem with Payment Cloud. I was asked to sign and agreement and this is after everything was finished (or so I thought) I had my son n law who in a CPA and deals with companies like this and he told me that he would NOT sign a contract like this. I finally found the reviews on the company and for the most part they were all bad and many more than bad. I will be looking for another company.

Mike McAlpine

Nate, I don't blame you for this so please don't think I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
When it rains it pours. My grandson is just getting over covid and as of today, my granddaughter has it. Kathy and I will be quarantine for a couple of weeks again. I will be able to work getting this to the printer but I may have to stop if my granddaughter becomes bad. I sure hope not. I was going to my bank Tuesday but that is a problem now. I will call them and see what they can tell me about a Merchant account. My son n law says this would be good place to get some good, safe information. I can get him to get the book sent to the printer. I thought I had finished this but Payment Cloud turned out to be a scam. At least this is what the reviews says.

Thanks again,

Mike

I will keep you updated as things go along.

201 - 220 of 242 Posts