Shotgun Forum banner
221 - 240 of 242 Posts

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
When it rains it pours. My grandson is just getting over covid and as of today, my granddaughter has it. Kathy and I will be quarantine for a couple of weeks again. I will be able to work getting this to the printer but I may have to stop if my granddaughter becomes bad. I sure hope not. I was going to my bank Tuesday but that is a problem now. I will call them and see what they can tell me about a Merchant account. My son n law says this would be good place to get some good, safe information. I can get him to get the book sent to the printer. I thought I had finished this but Payment Cloud turned out to be a scam. At least this is what the reviews says.

Thanks again,

Mike

I will keep you updated as things go along.
Mike, It's amazing how difficult trying to accomplish something can be. I think that it is good that you are telling everyone about all the difficulties that you are encountering.
That way all can see that you are not just dragging it out for other reasons.

Reactions: hopper810

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Thanks Curly, Jeff sent me my finished book last night and I will place my order tomorrow. My problem now is that I must find another merchant account. As I mentioned, I will go to my bank Wednesday and ask for their advice. My daughter, the nurse told me this morning that my wife and I wouldn't have to quarantine this time so I can get this finished quickly. From what the company printing my book told me, it shouldn't take too long, maybe less than a week There are many of my friends and relatives who said I should use PayPal. Because of their anti gun and second Amendment stance, I will NOT USE THEM or Amazon, Google or anyone associated to them. I think most of the people on shotgunworld will understand this. I guess I am just hardheaded about this but that is me. I don't want to subject your readers to these guys. There are plenty of Second Amendment business out there. The one I chose was suppose to be SA friendly but I am afraid to sign their contract because they would hold back 10% of the gross sale. I have been in business most of my life and I know what can happen if I did sign. By the way, I would suggest that all of your readers go on line and look up the reviews for Payment Cloud. Warn your friends about this company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike McAlpine
"Inside the Mind of a Target Setter"
A book for target setters and shooters too.

Nate told me yesterday that they were trying to get him to sign something that looked a little shady too.

Remember, I am a Constitutional Conservative and I support the Constitution, especially the first and second amendments and the entire Bill of Rights.

I would like to get a hold of Willy T Ribbs and Theo. I need a phone number or email address.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
I am having trouble navigating the new Shotgun World Web Page. The only thing that I am getting up is my own post. I was wondering if any of you have posted recently about my book? The book is totally finished and is being sent to the printer. I am still working on a new merchant account. Please let me know if you have posted and if anyone has any suggestions as how to look at the sporting clay site, I would like to hear about this.

Mike McAlpine

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am having trouble navigating the new Shotgun World Web Page. The only thing that I am getting up is my own post. I was wondering if any of you have posted recently about my book? The book is totally finished and is being sent to the printer. I am still working on a new merchant account. Please let me know if you have posted and if anyone has any suggestions as how to look at the sporting clay site, I would like to hear about this.

Mike McAlpine

The individual sections can be found using this menu, top right of the screen:
Sky Gesture Rectangle Travel Font

Is that what you were looking for?

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
Mike, it is working just fine. Everybody is probably waiting for you to give us the go ahead, so that the buying can start. If you can get some sales before the print order is sent , you can get a better idea as to how many.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #226 ·
Curly,

You are exactly right. I have been feeling bad so I took a covid test this afternoon. it was negative. I didn't want to go to the bank just in case so I called them. I Was referred to a man that handles merchant accounts. He was busy so I left a message for him to call me. I will go to the bank tomorrow.

As always, thanks for your comments. I guess I just need to practice moving around SGW. I know it will take a little time.

Mike McAlpine

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hope you feel better Mike. I'm interested in buying a copy of your book and hopefully finally making your acquaintance at this year's NSCA Nationals.

I'll also do a short announcement of your book in ClayShootingUSA magazine's Parting Shots section. That will give you some free advertising and help get the word out.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Danna, I really appreciated the free advertising and I still would like to come to one of my schools. This will of course be on my nickel. Covid has killed my business for right now but I am hoping that things will finally get to where I can travel. I plan to have some kind of a booth at nationals to sell my book. I will be there the last 3 or 4 days and might even shoot the main. I haven't shot a tournament since the 2016 Nationals. I am having a lot of trouble with my right shoulder but I used to shoo quit well left handed. I have center vision so, I can usually switch shoulders if I need to. I taught myself to do this because when teaching a left handed shooter, I am more effective. to be fair here, I shot a Charity shoot in San ANgelo (I donated a full days lesson for four) and I believe I shot my worst score in my career.lol I had a great time though.

Your old buddy,

Mike McAlpine

By the way, am not sure that will sell any books but the last time I looked, I had over 32,000 view on Shotgun World.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
Mike, it is working just fine. Everybody is probably waiting for you to give us the go ahead, so that the buying can start. If you can get some sales before the print order is sent , you can get a better idea as to how many.
Curly,

I am looking for a phone number for Nate (Painter) who is doing my web page. I have my new merchant account set up now and I need to get Nate to call the bank. This was a very easy thing to do and I would recommend that anyone who is looking to set up something like this to simply call their bank. I now know I have a safe site for the buyers of my book to use.

Mike McAlpine

"Inside the Mind of a Target Setter"

A book for target setters and shooters too

This book should be ready to start selling and buying late next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Curly,

You are exactly right. I have been feeling bad so I took a covid test this afternoon. it was negative. I didn't want to go to the bank just in case so I called them. I Was referred to a man that handles merchant accounts. He was busy so I left a message for him to call me. I will go to the bank tomorrow.

As always, thanks for your comments. I guess I just need to practice moving around SGW. I know it will take a little time.

Mike McAlpine
Curly,

Thanks for the advice. I used the lines that you pointed to and have been able to do most of the things I did with the old format. Now I am having fun again.

Mike McAlpine

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
I have sent a PM to Nate about you wanting his number.

Curly

·
Administrator
23,237 Posts
Missed Placed Lead,

I am sorry for giving Curley credit for your very helpful advice.

Mike McAlpine
I am sorta like a pretty woman, I accept all compliments, even if I don't deserve them or have the looks either.

• Haha
Reactions: Misplaced Lead

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
My Book is at the printer. I sent it in last night and talked to them this morning. I have ordered a single copy so I can review it and do one FINAL check. This shouldn't take too long. The turn around on the printing, soft copies is 2 days and the hard copies 5 days. At this time, my total order is 200 soft cover and 50 hardcover. I can reorder at any time. I should have the bill today so I can figure the price. I will post it. It should be in order of what I posted a few weeks ago. I will need to get an average of the shipping, it shouldn't be very much. I will have to charge Texas sales tax because I will be selling the book from Texas but there will be NO sales tax from the state where I ordered the books. I still have to figure my printing cost and what it cost to set up my new website so I can finalize the price. I think you will be happy with the final price. Jeff Meloy my editor and I worked hard to get you the best price with the best quality. You can't imagine the variation in the different companies when it comes to cost. LOL

Mike McAlpine

Just keeping you informed!!!!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Bird, I am a little slow. I guess you meant that it will be winter before I get the book out.lol Not so, it is at the printer now and should be back to me (Soft Copy) by the end of the week. The hard copies take 5 days. I am trying to get Nate to finish my site. He is a little unhappy with me again. I told him that I wasn't complaining when I sent him a mail yesterday about the picture in my site. I decided that a picture of my book would be more appropriate. LOL Oh well!!!!

Mike McAlpine

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
'now it's gonna snow' would be a comment when something extremely unlikely happens. for example if my 17yr old puts his dirty dishes in the dishwasher without be asked we say 'gonna snow tomorrow!'. Given the length of time we've been waiting for this book i'd say forget snow and get ready for the second coming!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
'now it's gonna snow' would be a comment when something extremely unlikely happens. for example if my 17 yr old puts his dirty dishes in the dishwasher without be asked we say 'gonna snow tomorrow!'. Given the length of time we've been waiting for this book i'd say forget snow and get ready for the second coming!
Yes Bird, this project has taken a long time but I had never written a book before so I had a lot of learning to do. I am very particular about the contents and quality of my book. I want it to be a professional job. We are within a few days of getting everything done so I can start to selling it. I did run into a problem with the merchant account that I started with but now I have a good one set up by my bank. There should be no problem using it and with the bank setting it up, I feel perfectly safe using these people. They are rated as one of the top in the country so my bank and my on research tells me.

Mike McAlpine

Please put up the snow blower and don't be looking for Jesus right now. I do agree that the time is getting closer with all that is happening in our world but I don't believe we have anything to worry about right at the moment.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Wouldn't it be a riot if your book was released literally the day of the second coming?! I'd be like 'hey any shotgunworld guys here? can you believe Revelations was talking about McAlpine's book?!'

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Bird, that means that there would be no need for my book. Then the only book that we all would need would probably sell completely out. Of course, I am talking about the best book of all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Holy Bible. I'll take this book over mine anytime.

Mike McAlpine

I tell you what, why not just buy both of these. I am sure you already have a Bible but you can always loan your extra one to some poor soul that hasn't heard the word of God or Jesus Christ yet. I think it is our job to talk to anyone about the Bible. Now, I will say that I am no expert about the Bible but I try to talk and write about things I know about. Unfortunately, I probably know more about setting targets and teaching than I know about the Bible and this is very sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

221 - 240 of 242 Posts