Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took one of my buddies to shoot skeet 2 weeks ago and he rented a gun at the place. The very first time he was shooting doubles, the gun misfires on him and shoots both shells. He got thrown into the wall. It was so funny!!! You guys shoulda seen the look on his face when he got thrown back.Just so you know he's okay and loves shooting now. Hehehehe

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hate to be party pooper, but that isn't that funny. I mean what if that had been you the first time you shot skeet. I feel for your friend i've been there before. You might want to have that gun checked out too.SCGBrowning, The best there is because second best is well .....second best

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh please. It's not like I laughed as soon as it happened. It wouldn't have been as funny if he didn't get up and say "Woah, That felt good." FYI. I checked the gun after that happened. "It's better to take you son hunting than to go hunting for your son."

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never knew it could end up so bad. I only laughed because he wasn't hurt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weatherby A woman has the last word in any argument. Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've had that happen, it was loaded with heavy hunting loads too :x , I thought I'd blown it up until I opened the gun.came out with a big bruise and sore shoulder, only used light load's for a week :\ .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Back in the 60's when the Japanese Charles Daly's first came on the market, or at least when I first became aware of them, I bought a standard grade 12 ***** O/U. Beautiful gun. About the second time out it started either doubling or not firing the second barrel at all. I sent it back five times and they never managed to fix the problem. I was fortunate that I'd purchased it from a reputable dealer who agreed to refund my money. I was also fortunate that I almost always shot dove loads but it still got your attention when it doubled! :eek:

·
Banned
8,378 Posts
I got to admit if it were one of my friends after we saw that everything was OK we would have laid down on the ground and rolled. Some view things in a different way...thats why each person selects his friends to match his own personality.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.