Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an almost-new Beretta whitewing with 4 chokes. I understand that the # of notches on the end of the choke indicate what choke it is. Does anyone know what each corresponds to? The 2 chokes in it have 3 notches in one and 1 notch in the other - what does that mean? Thanks, all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Phermes,

Mobilchokes are marked as follows:

Full = I
Improved Modified = II
Modified = III
Improved Cylinder = IIII
Cylinder = IIIII
Skeet = no notches

So you have one Modified choke and one Full...

Also, if you unscrew the choke, the abbreviation is written on the side of the choke.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok this is what my manual sess

1 notch Full
2 notch IM
3 notch M
4 notch IC
5 notch CL
no notch Skeet

Hope this helps

·
Registered
241 Posts
I could almost hear everyone rushing to answer this easy one :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
phermes1: One additional point of information on your Beretta choke tubes -- the one w/o any notches (designated skeet), is a "negative value" (-.005) tube. In theory - all other factors being equal - that "skeet" tube "SHOULD" produce a "certain percentage of pattern density" in a 30" circle - say at 10 yards - that would be equal to what you would get out of the CYL tube, - say at 15 yards. (now bear in mind, this statement is not a statement of fact -- it is phrased in this fashion to illustrate a theoretical principal).

The Cutts Compensator Choke device used to come with a "spreader tube" being one of about 7 tubes available----- it had a "negative value" of (-.005) & was a real help on station #8 on the skeet range. Good shooting w your Beretta.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can probably download the manual for the gun from the beretta website - thats what i did for my 391, and it details all the choke sizes in there, plus full instructions for the gun. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts