Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a used model 12 with a stock that seems to really fit me well but had a question about the adjusting sleeve. The barrel seems to go on snug enough and everything seems fine but I don't know much about these so am not sure how much life is left. I took a picture and was hoping one of you with more experience could tell if there was still some adjustment left in this one.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You turn the sleeve counter clockwise ( looking from the breech end toward the muzzle) to tighten the barrel to the receiver. Looks like you have about 5 notches to go before you run out of adjustment. Shooting/using the gun does not cause any need for adjustments,the only wear comes from taking the barrel off and on.Most guns service their whole life without need for adjustment.If you remove/reinstall the barrel thousands of times,that will cause the wear.By the way,for this barrel to fit your gun without needing a different sleeve was pretty long odds,like one in twenty,if you got a tight fit you were very lucky. Here is the fitting procedure for future reference: http://www.nulineguns.com/part_part_2046_3_31_42.php

Bobcat

After re reading your post I realized you were considering a complete gun,not just a front end,disregard my answer you have plenty of wear adjustment left.

Bobcat

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.