Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Winchester Model 50, a 12 gauge, and have several questions:

1. How do I adjust the spring/plug in rhe buttstock?

2. I haven't removed the bolt or trigger group for cleaning. It appears I'll need to tap out the cross pin. Is it similar to a Remington 1100? Any special caution or tricks?

3. Is there an on-line source where I can download an owner's manual with maintenance in structions?

4. Is there anyrging else I need to know?

THANKS.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
gold40 said:
I just purchased my first Winchester Model 50, a 12 gauge, and have several questions:

2. I haven't removed the bolt or trigger group for cleaning. It appears I'll need to tap out the cross pin. Is it similar to a Remington 1100? Any special caution or tricks?

3. Is there an on-line source where I can download an owner's manual with maintenance in structions?

THANKS.

Jerry
1. Lock the bolt open. Then pull back on the bolt handle. There should be about 1/8" of movment. If so, no ajustment is needed.
2. Yes, the trigger group can be removed by tapping out the cross pin. Unless the bolt and inside of the receiver are very dirty, don't try to remove the bolt until you read one of the manuals.
3. Order one of those mentioned.

4. Remove the barrel and make sure the floating chamber is clean on the outside(and where it slides into the barrel).

When removing the chamber from the receiver(like you would take a M 1100 barrel off), be careful not the lose the little plunger that sticks out at the back. It is spring loaded. It shouldn't fall out, but it's possable.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Remove the barrel, pull out the floating chamber, remove the trigger group, remove the wire clip and plug in the end of the aluminum tube that's in the stock to relieve the main spring, then you pull the bolt halfway back until the cross pin lines up with the half notch in the slot, thru the small hole on the other side of the reciever use a small punch or whatever you have on hand to poke the pin out. Pay close attention to how the main rod, bolt, and the other two little pieces come out so you can remember how to put them back in.

·
Registered
288 Posts
gold40 said:

THANKS.

Jerry
Welcome to the club! I seem to have the only Model 50 and & 59 in the UK!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts