Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Are you installing a "moblilchoke" into your Mav 88 barrell? From the picture it looks like you've got the wrong choke tube...

You should be using a "Accu-Choke" (Mossberg), "Winchoke" (Winchester), or "Invector" (Browning) choke...these are all interchangable.

Mobile chokes are designed for Beretta barrels... Dimensions and/or thread patterns are different...

The choke tube should run out of threads right about the same time tube is flush with the end of the barrel.

The choke tube in the photo doesn't look good....

Smitty

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, actually I mean accu-choke. For me they are mobile too :) I bought mav88 in package as new. I think(hope) chokes and everything original. I suppose this is normal for a long time. But not more. Unfortunatly couldn't find one more to compare with mine. So, asked you.

The picture of chokes are attached.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Of the two choke tubes that you have pictured, the one on the right (with the groove going around it) looks like all of the flush mount choke tubes I have in my range box... When you have the one on the right installed, do you gave the gap at the bottom???

Give Maverick a call and tell them that the two choke tubes don't match and that you need them to send you a replacement one... they shouldn't have a problem sending you a spare....

Their contact info is:

Maverick Arms, Inc.
Product Service Center
1001 Industrial Blvd.
Eagle Pass Industrial Park
Eagle Pass, TX 78853
PH: (830) 773-9007

Good Luck and let us know how you make out.....
Smitty

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They won't reply. I am living in Turkey. So can not call them by phone. I send a mail to mossberg which sole contact mail address in Maverick web page. They didn't reply. They don't bother about my problem.

Thank you Smitty. By the way, all of the chokes(three) the same. None of them fits completely.

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.