Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine the model # of a Franchi 12 gauge that is approximately 40-50 years old. It is is stamped "S.A. Luigi Franchi Brescia Italy" on the barrel and receiver. The barrel also is stamped "Stoeger Arms Corporation" on the right side. The sides of the receiver are silver-chrome with scroll work. Can anyone identify the Model?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What you have is a second series, also known as a 201 series, Franchi Alcione Super grade manufactured in the 1950s and early 60s. I have the identical gun, super light, beautiful on upland birds such as pheasants. Trouble is it had a broken sear several years ago and has been successively ruined by inept "gunsmiths" who tried to weld the sears, file other parts in an attempt to make them work with badly welded sears and generally screwed everything up. It now needs both sears, a safety, the safety trigger block and the bolt block. I have now found a good gunsmith who says the parts are impossible to find unless I can find a similar gun that is being parted out. He says he can machine the needed parts and make my Alcione like new again, but it would cost about $1,000 and is simply not worth it since the gun itself, in working condition, would only be worth about $1,100-$1,200. So I'm in the situation of either finding a similar gun with the parts I need or parting mine out -- barrels are in excellent shape, as is the stock. fore-end and engraved breachblock -- just the insides are bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.